- Last Updated on 13 March 2012
SUNDAY, 5th FEBRUARY 2012
>100% = World record level, > 90% = World class, > 80% = National class, > 70% = Regional class
10km and 5 km, Run or Walk
The Dolphin Run is a flat, scenic out-and-back course along the coastal bikeway from South Semaphore as far as Largs Bay Jetty (5km) or North Haven (10km) and return. The bikeway passes through pleasant native vegetation systems.
Around 400 entrants are expected to enter the 2012 Dolphin Run, challenging themselves to complete the 5km or 10km course.
Start and finish in the coastal reserve beside Esplanade, opposite Paxton St, South Semaphore.
Ample car parking is available.
ONLINE ENTRIES Click Here
EARLY BIRD discounts available till 8.00am Monday 16 January, 2012.
Automatic bib mail out to early bird entrants.
All other registrants please pick up your bib on race morning from 6am.
PLEASE NOTE - No registrations, bib number replacements or entry changes after entries close
10km - Start at Paxton Street and follow beachside path past Semaphore Jetty, Largs Bay Jetty and Largs Bay Sailing Club to the turn-around point just north of Ocean View College. Return along the same course.
5km - As for 10 km course but turn around at Largs Bay Sailing Club.
6:30 am - Start 10km walkers
6:45 am- Start 5km walkers
7.00 am - Start 10km runners
7:10 am - Start 5km runners
8:15 am - Award Ceremony
- Course marshals, kilometre markers & course signs.
- Water stations at the start, and at the 2.5km and 5km turn-around points.
- Accurately timed and measured race.
- Fruit, orange juice and food bars at the finish.
- Toilets at the start and 400m north.
- Trophies for first 3 male & female runners and trophy for 1st walker.
- Random draw prizes
RESULTS AND REPORTS