We're looking forward to hosting about 600 people in this event, with
a 5km and 10km option. This is the perfect event for you to start the year,
and keep you motivated at training over the festive period.
The Dolphin Run is a flat, scenic out-and-back course along the
coastal bikeway from South Semaphore as far as Largs Bay Jetty
(5km) or Largs North (10km) and return. The bikeway passes through
pleasant native vegetation systems.
Early bird entries close 8am, Monday 21 January 2013.
Bibs will be available for collection from the SARRC office from:
- 9am to 4pm on Thursday 31 January
- 9am to 3pm on Friday 1 February
- 1pm to 5pm on Saturday 2 February
Bibs can also be collected at the venue on race morning. Please allow plenty of time on race morning to collect your bib.
Race day entry will incur a $10 surcharge.
5km course map
10km course map
- Course marshals, kilometre markers and course signs
- Water stations at the start, and at the 2.5km and 5km turn
- Ample car parking
- Accurately timed and measured race
- Fruit, protein drink and muesli bar at the finish
- Toilets at the start and 400m north
- Trophies for the first three male and female runners and
trophies for the first three walkers (unisex)
- Random draw prizes
Can you lend a hand?
We're still looking for many of the 40 volunteers required to stage this event. The time commitment could be as little as one hour. Most tasks are quite simple and comprehensive directions will be given.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Marshal the course to keep runners safe and on track
- Staff the drink stations
- Lead the runners out on bikes
- Put signage out on course (by bike or car)
- Spotters to ensure that place-getters are correctly identified
- Badgeur (those paddles we wave over bibs as a back up to the antenna) operators
- Put out the post race refreshments
- Set up equipment before the race and pack up all equipment after the race.