Situated on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, this is another of our regular races with 5km
and 10km options. The fast and simple course features sections alongside the magnificent
beach, with pleasant scenery through the vibrant holiday atmosphere in the town centre, and views to Rapid Head and beautiful Carrickalinga.
Early bird entries extended – now closing 8am, Monday 18 February 2013.
Bibs will be available for collection from the SARRC office from 9am to 3pm on Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 February, and Friday 1 March, as well as at the venue on race morning. Please allow plenty of time on race morning to collect your bib.
Race day entry will incur a $10 surcharge.
- Course marshals, kilometre markers and traffic controls
- Water stations along the course
- Ample car parking
- Accurately timed and measured race
- Fruit and muesli bar at the finish
- Toilets at the start and 400m north
- Trophies for the first three male and female runners and
trophies for the first three walkers (unisex)
- Random draw prizes
Head up Jetty Road, turn right in to Heathcote Street and continue on Cheesman St. Turn left at Normanville Hotel and along the main street into Carrickalinga Road. The 5km turnaround is at the Carrickalinga Sands entrance (huge Leafy Sea Dragon flag). The 10km course continues straight, turns left into Riverview Drive and follows into Gold Coast Drive. Turn around at Haycock Point, Carrickalinga. Large course maps will be on display at the start.
Car pooling: We've had an enquiry from a participant living in Kingswood in Adelaide who would like to get a car pool going. If you are interested, please phone Rose on 0406 144 268.
Can you lend a hand?
We're still looking for many of the 40 volunteers required to stage this event. The time commitment could be as little as one hour. Most tasks are quite simple and comprehensive directions will be given.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Marshal the course to keep runners safe and on track
- Staff the drink stations
- Lead the runners out on bikes
- Put signage out on course (by bike or car)
- Spotters to ensure that place-getters are correctly identified
- Badgeur (those paddles we wave over bibs as a back up to the antenna) operators
- Put out the post race refreshments
- Set up equipment before the race and pack up all equipment after the race.
Make a weekend of it!
Accommodation details are available from the Yankalilla Bay Visitor Information Centre.
Phone: 8558 0240
Alternatively, try the following:
When and where
Sunday 3 March 2013
Normanville Foreshore car park, Jetty Road, Normanville